An opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join Jonathan Le Maistre Tree Surgery Limited, a leading Tree Management company and the only Arboricultural Association Approved Contractor in the Channel Islands. (see www.trees.je for more details).
Purpose of Role: Although this is a varied role, the main purpose is to ensure the efficient and smooth running of the office and provide administrative oversight of the operations of the Tree Surgery business, working alongside the bookkeeper/financial administrator and the Director, so that as a team the needs of the office and business are fully met.
Overview of Duties:
- Manage the incoming and outgoing communications through the office, via telephone, email, or post. Manage appointments for the business/ Managing Director.
- Monitoring compliance with and update when required our internal Policies and Procedures to maintain our accreditation with the Arboricultural
Association. This may vary from monitoring/recording customer compliments or complaints through to evidencing checks have been conducted on the variety of vehicles, plant and equipment used within the business. An annual review of the policy and procedures is required to be undertaken in conjunction with the Business Manager/Managing Director.
- With support via our agreed providers, co-ordinate speedy resolution of any IT matters, Computer/Network/online systems/Phones scanners/printers.
- Monitor usage of ArbPro, a simple workflow system for Arboricultural businesses. Check the system synchronises as required to the team leaders iPads and the Xero accounts system. Be the primary point of contact with the ArbPro help desk when support is required.
- Managing all customer, supplier and staff information in a GDPR compliant manner.
- Administrative support for employees; organise employee files, contracts, personal data collection, due diligence checks.
- Post job vacancies – collect job applications for review by the Managing Director and thereafter provide feedback to candidates. Arrange flights and accommodation for visiting climbers/consultants/trainers. Manage the inventory of employee uniforms and specialist equipment.
- Process Firewood sales through the online purchases system or via telephone sales or direct customer interactions from drop in purchases at the shed/office.
- Ensure the efficient and smooth running of the office by maintaining stationery supplies, filling/archiving systems.
- Carry out other duties appropriate to the role and responsibilities as may be delegated by Business Manager/Director.
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate will have gained appropriate experience, ideally in a similar environment. You will be a highly organised multi-tasker, with excellent attention to detail and a can-do attitude. You must be flexible and able to work alone as well as contributing as part of team. Due to the varied nature of the role, you should have the ability to cope well under pressure.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum of secondary school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience (minimum of 5 years) in similar role.
- Computer literate. Good understanding of Microsoft packages (Word, Excel,Outlook).
- Entitled for Work Status in Jersey
- Understanding of good corporate governance
- Full Driving licence and access to a car
- Proven experience in providing excellent customer care.
- Commercially Focused with experience in trade business
- Educated to degree level/equivalent.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Knowledge, experience or awareness marketing and advertising via mailchimp or social media.
Training and support will be provided during the probation period, for the successful candidate.
Remuneration: Dependant on experience
How to apply: Please send your CV with a covering letter, marked private & confidential, by email to: Jonathan@trees.je or by post to our office address:
F.A.O: The Office Manager, The Office, Le Hougillon, Rue de la Piece Mauger,
Trinity, Jersey, JE3 5HW