An opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join Jonathan Le Maistre Tree Surgery Limited, a leading tree management company and the only Arboricultural Association Approved Contractor in the Channel Islands (see www.trees.je for more details).
Purpose of Role: Although this is a varied role, the main purpose is to ensure the financial administration side of the business is accurately recorded with cash flow and debtor and creditor positions proactively managed. An element of the role includes fulfilling the accounting of the rental properties, which operate alongside but separate to the tree surgery business.
Overview of duties:
- Manage accounts payable & receivables; bookkeep all transactions (cash, card, online payments, transfers) on accounting system. Reconcile bank accounts and invoices between systems.
- Understand and manage the unique order and payment systems for key utility clients.
- Manage and produce a weekly cashflow report, follow up on debtor positions escalating matters to Managing Director when required.
- Manage the Payroll: process weekly time sheets, (inc. employee reimbursements and deductions, including uniform contributions etc)
- Manage the Payroll: process the weekly time sheets for the staff, (make correct deductions e.g. absences/uniform contributions or reimbursements for staff). Check Social Security and ITIS monthly, submit to relevant bodies and pay online.
- Manage the Goods and Services Tax (GST) aspects of the business.
- Attend the Bank, as required, to process all cheques and cash received.
- Set up new employees with contracts and on payroll.
- Manage fuel delivery, input details into Merridale system updating when necessary to align to vehicle, drivers and control of keys.
- Assist with processing Firewood orders: reconcile payments, take payments over the telephone/direct from customers attending the site.
- Office Administration Support – when necessary provide cover of the office phone, checking messages and ensuring they are communicated as required.
- Property rental – Prepare standard lease for new tenants and arranging deposits to be held in accordance with the Rental Deposit Scheme.
- Check electricity meter reading for shared utility washroom and re-charge tenants accordingly.
- Track the Property Insurance Policy renewals, amendments, and claims, liaising with the Office Manager where required.
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate will have gained appropriate experience, ideally in a similar environment and hold a relevant qualification. You will be a highly organised multitasker, with excellent attention to detail and a can-do attitude. You must be able to work alone as well as contributing as part of team.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in similar role
- Entitled for Work Status in Jersey
- Relevant book-keeping/accounting qualification
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Computer literate and experience using an online accounting software.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Commercially focused with experience in trade businesses
- Knowledge of capabilities of Xero accounting software and automation of invoicing and collection.
- Proven experience in providing excellent customer care.
Training and support will be provided during the probation period, for the successful candidate.
Remuneration: Dependant on experience.